Sunday, January 16, 2011

Layer Cake Quilt Along - Block 6

I'm caught up!  In fact, since there's a week until the next block is released, I consider myself ahead :)  Just today I cut and pieced and finished up Block 6.  After some initial confusion with the instructions was cleared up, this turned out to be a great block.  Easy to cut, easy to piece and I think it's a very versatile block.  In fact, I'd be tempted to make the whole quilt out of these types of blocks, as the designer did originally!  I was able to use scraps for a lot of this block, so I think I ended up only having to use one full square (for border) and then a chunk of another for the large green portion.


With this block, we are officially 1/2 way through the blocks for the Quilt Along.  Here are the 6 completed blocks, laid out in order so far.  I'm really enjoying how this is turning out, and I'm looking forward to the next 6 blocks.  And then maybe, MAYBE, I'll actually conquer my New Year's Resolution of completing a quilt this year!

3 comments:

  1. These look fantastic!!! Your quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! Your quilt is going to look awesome! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm getting more and more excited as we move on with this!

    ReplyDelete