Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Reading Challenge Wrap Up

As part of the 2010 Holiday Reading Challenge I aimed to read the following books:
  1. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (a fabulous Christmas Classic - Goodreads review - no idea how to link to that)
  2. A Season of Seduction - Jennifer Haymore (Goodreads review - no idea how to link to that)
  3. The Mischief of the Mistletoe - Lauren Willig (sort of a cheat as I read just prior to the challenge beginning)
  4. Scandal of the Season - Christie Kelley (review)
  5. His Christmas Pleasure - Cathy Maxwell (DNR)
  6. The Polar Express - Chris Van Allsburg (DNR)
  7. A Chesapeake Shores Christmas - Sherryl Woods (review)
While I didn't quite finish all the books above, I'm happy to say I DID complete 5 of the 7!  Polar Express is one I wish I'd found to read, it's a wonderful story that I love to re-read whenever possible.  I also did not read His Christmas Pleasure by Cathy Maxwell, mainly because the library didn't have it available.  I should have checked that prior to choosing it as part of the challenge.

In addition to the 5 above I did read a few other Christmas books (whether by plot or just setting), including
  1. Countess By Christmas - Annie Burrows
  2. Holiday Affair - Lisa Plumley
  3. A Highlander Christmas - Janet Chapman
  4. The Christmas Brides - Linda Lael Miller (review)
  5. To Have and To Kill - Mary Jane Clark (review)
  6. A Seduction at Christmas - Cathy Maxwell (in process)
  7. The Night Before Christmas - Clement Clarke Moore
  8. Promise Me - Richard Paul Evans (in process)
So while I didn't post reviews to all, and I didn't quite read all that I hoped to, I did read way more Christmas-related books that ever for this time of year, and I count that as a success!  It was fun, and I'll definitely do this again next year

No comments:

Post a Comment