Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Dangerous Viscount

I was fortunate this week to win three eGalley pre-release books from The Season.  The information to download the books was emailed to me yesterday, and I already finished the first, The Dangerous Viscount by Miranda Neville!  The second in Ms. Neville's Burgundy Club series, it was an enjoyable, and quick, read.  I have yet to read the first in the series, The Wild Marquis, although it doesn't prevent one from understanding the gist of the series. (I have The Wild Marquis waiting for me at the library and I look forward to the introduction to the Burgundy Club.)

Having read one of Ms. Neville's previous books, this one was very entertaining, especially for the first 3/4 of the book.  However, the end of the book seemed to rush the end of the story and provided no real explanation to wrap up the romance between the hero and heroine.  Throughout the first 3/4 of the book there was tension between the hero and heroine, and we watched them attempt to build a relationship based on more than the physical.  Yet all of a sudden, after the heroine runs away from the hero, we see it all come together in what feels like about 5 pages.  A bit unsatisfying to have it all wrapped up so neatly after the well-written tension and family drama/history, yet it doesn't prevent the reader from enjoying the story.

Diana, our heroine, has a sister Minerva who is definitely set up for her own story at some point in the near future.  While I have my suspicions as to where her story may go, I look forward to reading it.  I'd also love to hear more about the rest of Diana's unconventional family! I see many more books coming out of the various brothers and sisters.  In the meantime, The Dangerous Viscount is released September 28 and is a pleasurable read that I recommend (besides, how can you not love a series of books where the heroes are brought together by their love of books!). 

I LOVE free books and I love opportunities to win them!  With that in mind, let me put in a quick plug for The Season.  It's a great website and blog for fans of romance, with lots of great information on upcoming releases, review, author interviews and tons of book giveaways.  Next time you're looking for a book to read, check it out!  

Now it's time to start on the second of my eGalleys...Elizabeth Boyle's Mad About the Duke!

No comments:

Post a Comment