Saturday, February 4, 2012

2011 - In Review

A bit late, but I thought I'd see how I did this past year with my reading and craft challenges...some were much more successful than others!

I pretty much slaughtered the reading challenges.  Overall, I managed to read 177 books in 2011 (including audio), including 98 library books, 53 ebooks and 26 from my own bookshelf (I really need to up that number in 2012)!

Crafts, on the other hand, took a back seat to reading and me lazing around being pregnant :)  Sewing especially fell off, as I didn't spend much time down in the basement.  I still have the goal of eventually finishing my quilt though, I've already got over half the blocks done!  The few projects I continued to work on were crochet, as those were easy to do while traveling or while relaxing after work in my favorite chair with my feet up. 

I decided to try to set some goals for myself in 2012.  Whether or not I'll be successful, we'll see, after all I do have a new time suck, which is my absolute favorite way to spend any time I do have!  (He is currently asleep in front of the fireplace, total relaxation). 


Having goals gives me something to work toward though, so we'll give it a shot:

1 - Read 72 books this year (my Goodreads challenge...I'm ahead now, I'm thinking that will drop dramatically once I go back to work)

2 - Read at least 10 books off my own bookshelf, with no more than half of those being purchased in 2012.

3 - Finish my quilt blocks and piece them together, give to someone else to quilt (unless I get brave)

4 - Complete at least 6 of the UFOs in my sewing room

5 - Complete at least 6 crochet projects (not counting dishcloths!)

So there we are...nothing too strenuous in my attempts to be realistic here.  With this in mind, I'm going to try to finish up a crochet blanket today with the hope to blow these goals out of the water :)

No comments:

Post a Comment