Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: My Ruthless Prince


My Ruthless Prince
My Ruthless Prince by Gaelen Foley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


From Goodreads: His brother warriors fear the Earl of Westwood has turned traitor, but Emily Harper knows this is impossible for the man she has loved since childhood . . . as impossible as a marriage between them could ever be—she, the gamekeeper’s daughter and he, a bold and adventurous nobleman.

Driven by hatred and revenge, Westwood is playing a deadly game of deception, bent on destroying the enemy’s dark conspiracy from the inside, and he’s furious when Emily plunges herself into danger for his sake. Forced into close quarters, their long-suppressed desire explodes into all-consuming passion.

Emily knows her love can save him . . . but Westwood is a man who doesn’t want to be saved.

My Thoughts: Westwood's and Emily's story is one I'd been waiting for since starting the Inferno Club series, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Having suffered along with Westwood over the previous novels, I think the author did a good job of not glossing over the trauma inflicted on him, what he was tryin to deal with and how even in the end he didn't just go back to being the same person he was portrayed to be prior to all this. Emily was a great heroine too...loyal, strong, resourceful and even amazing at times! It's hard to talk about the story too much without giving important parts away, but the story is strong, the characters even better, and seeing the lines between good and bad shift and blur (in some ways) as we work toward the happy ending was well done.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment