Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pink Squirrels - Part Deux

After getting as far as I did with last night's test squirrel, I decided to go for it this afternoon.  The girl in question wanted "pink" and "girly", so I made my fabric choices accordingly.

From there, learning from yesterday's mistakes, I cut and stitched and stuffed and sewed and ended up with a pretty good stuffed squirrel!  It's not perfect, but it's way closer to perfect than the sample one was.  I'm now brave enough to think about tacking other animals...in fact I bought a pattern today on sale for dogs and cats.








This here is the only part I really didn't like how it turned out.  It's not horrible, but not nearly as nice looking as I would have liked it to be.  I've been told that the friend it's for thinks it's fine, but I'm still thinking I may do another (and by the way, I LOVE the flying squirrel shot above, ha!)  Definitely a learning experience for me, but a fun one, and I'm thinking more of these stuffed creatures are in my future.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but the best way to get a nice clean seam on that end, is to hand stitch it closed after stuffing. Which will be a pain in the butt. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that too...but was hoping maybe the machine would work :) Even with that I still ended up doing very top and bottom by hand. so much for laziness ;)

    ReplyDelete