Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review: In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster: A Cynster Novel

In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster: A Cynster Novel
In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster: A Cynster Novel by Stephanie Laurens

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


From Goodreads:

Three heros, three rescues, three weddings.

The pleasure of your company is requested
at the wedding of Miss Eliza Cynster

...but not until she's rescued from a daring abduction by the most unexpected of heros!

Brazenly kidnapped from her sister Heather's engagement ball, Eliza Cynster is spirited north to Edinburgh. Desperate and determined to escape, she seizes upon the first possible champion who happens along - gentleman scholar Jeremy Carling.

Villains and rescues are a far cry from Jeremy's expertise, yet he cannot abandon a damsel in distress. But danger lurks and hurdles abound in their race to escape the mysterious laird, until a final confrontation on a windswept cliff reveals what their future life could hold - if both are bold enough to seize and own the unexpected love they now share.

My Thoughts: The second in a trilogy (of which I have yet to read the first), Ms. Laurens reminded me of why I first started reading her books. Continuing the Cynster series, but with brief appearances from other characters as well, the book was a fun read. It was missing many of the issues I had with some of her most recent books, particularly in her other series. The characters were entertaining, and I especially enjoyed the "bookish" hero, as opposed to heroine. I am very much looking forward to going back to read the first sister's book, and will await the third impatiently.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment