Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quarterly Update

We are already a quarter of the way through 2011...wow the year is flying by (of course I'm pretty sure I say that every year).

I'm doing very well on the reading challenge front.  As of today (so going slightly into this next quarter) I've read 55 books as part of the 2011 reading challenge.  My original goal was to read 100 books in 2011...since I seem to be on pace to surpass that in about 2 months, I upped the goal to 200 books...that may be more of a challenge :)

Of those 55 books, only 4 are from my stash (I need to work on that!), 18 are audio books and 33 are library books (support your local library!).  I've managed to post 27 reviews, of varying length, with a few more to be posted once we're closer to release date or I get caught up.

I haven't been as successful on my craft projects...although I have gotten a few done!  I've been slacking since early February though, and I need to work on getting caught up on the ones I've got started/in pieces.  I'm just about done with my first two crocheted baby blankets though, which have been fun (but take way longer than scarves!), and I've got several quilt blocks cut, just not finished.  Those are toward the top of my uber-long unfinished project list.  I'll probably never get caught up, since I keep adding to the list (the new niece needs a few more blankets according to her big sister), but just getting a few finished and having that sense of accomplishmentt might spur some more activity on this front.  I just haven't had a ton of motivation here, but since that seems to come and go, I'm sure it will be back before too long.

It's going to be a crazy busy month or so here, so I won't set any real goals for myself, but I do hope that when I do another look back next quarter I've managed to read a few more books from my stash and finish a few projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment