Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Between Books: Learning Amigurumi

I find myself lately going back and forth between wanting to use every quite moment to sit down with a book...or to create something.  Lately, the creating has won out over reading, especially once my oldest discovered I had a Star Wars amigurumi crochet kit sitting in the house unopened.  His excitement was contagious, and now I'm working my way through the set.  This is my first time trying this type of project, and I feel myself getting better as I go, but I really, REALLY need to work on mastering a smooth color transition!

I started with Yoda and the Storm Trooper, than went to C-3P0 (the smile is a bit out of control on him).  Darth Vader was the most recent, and my favorite so far :)




 In between, big bro decided little bro needed a special toy too, so I started in on some animals...elephant and giraffe so far, I'm waiting to see what he picks next.  In the mean time, I'm working on a new Star Wars one!







No comments:

Post a Comment