Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review: There's Something About Lady Mary


There's Something About Lady Mary
There's Something About Lady Mary by Sophie Barnes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



From Goodreads: Sophie Barnes is back with another delightful Summersby Tale. This time, Ryan Summersby meets his match!

Mary Croyden lives a simple life . . . and she likes it. But when she inherits a title and a large sum of money, everything changes. Forced to navigate high society, Mary finds herself relying on the help of one man—Ryan Summersby. Determined not to lose her sense of self, she realizes that Ryan is the only person she can trust. But Mary's hobbies are not exactly proper, and Ryan is starting to discover that this simple miss is not at all what he expected . . . but just might be exactly what he needs.

My Thoughts: I hadn't read book one in this series, and I don't think I missed out on too much in terms of background, this is definitely an independent read. I enjoyed the hero and heroine, although I have to say that while our hero was definitely true to his time in many instances, I was disappointed in how long it took him to wisen up :) Mary is a great heroine...she's unique, a true individual, independent, dedicated and willing to do what she knows is right, even if improper or not allowed. How everything wraps up seems a bit much (a Frankenstein moment in my mind) but in the end this was a fun read and has me checking the local library to see if I can't find Book One in the series, with Ryan's sister (another heroine I think I will enjoy as outside the box) as the heroine.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment